CRUCIAL HEARING for the CALLE 24 LATINO CULTURAL DISTRICT
THIS THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 9
SF City Hall
Planning Commission Meeting
Room 400, 4th Floor
These regulations have been in the works for nearly two years and will help:
- stabilize the Latino Cultural District
- preserve our small store fronts
- stabilize rents
- protect our food retail mix
- encourage neighborhood serving business
Groups who wish to “open” 24th Street and the entire Mission District to full gentrification and displacement are organizing to stop these very sensible regulations that were developed out of many months of community input and process. It’s very important that that those of us who value the culture and community of the Mission show up in force at the hearing to support the special use district legislation.
This is an crucial moment for Mission District community solidarity. See you Thursday!
Can’t make it to City Hall on Thursday?
Here’s how you can help!
Please send a quick email to the Planning Commissioners. Copy and paste these email addresses:
and please cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here’s some text you can copy/paste and adapt with your own words:
Please support the special use district for the Calle 24 Latino Cultural District on February 9th. We need to protect our small business and the Latino Cultural District.
Here are some reasons [use some or all if you like]:
- This will protect our businesses that been here for decades are anchors of this community
- This will help stabilize the commercial rents
- Will help maintain and preserve small, more affordable retail spaces
- Will help maintain a healthy retail and food mix
- Will encourage more neighborhood serving businesses to open
- Will help ensure that everyone can purchase goods and services locally and at reasonable prices
- Preserving our businesses is part of the culture that we need to protect
- Will build community among our local merchants and residents
- Will encourage local hiring